In previous résumé tips, I’ve focused on the critical need to thoroughly proofread your résumé, but this week, I came across a poem which made me decide to emphasize this point again. The poem is by an unknown author, and it’s a perfect example of why NOT to rely on your computer’s spelling and grammar check as your sole proofreading tool. The poem reads as follows…
I have a spelling checker,
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four MI revue,
Mistakes I dew not sea.
I’ve run this poem write threw it,
I’m sure your pleas too no,
Its letter perfect in it’s weigh,
My checker tolled me sew.
Although this poem makes us laugh, it’s also extremely eye-opening. Think about how many times you’ve hit the send button and cringed because you knew you didn’t proofread the e-mail or document you were sending as well as you should have. Don’t make the same mistake when sending out your résumé. Proofread your résumé several times, print out a hard copy and use a pen to mark the corrections, walk away from the document and re-read it several hours later, and ask a friend to proofread it for you. ALWAYS PROOFREAD!
The iHireJobNetwork provides résumé writing services for interested Job Seekers. For more information, please contact us at (866)238-0161, Extension 103.
Helping others, does help ourselves!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment