I'm not stupid - My hearing aide is turned down!
I mean - How did you get this job?
I think he's developing Alzheimer's - No baby watcha mean is "Old Timers."
You know, she had a nervous breakdown last year. Why did they let her come back?
I am sure you've heard these ill fitted interactions and comments or at least felt the stench of this darkly humored jesting sprinkled in the atmosphere about its intended prey. If not, just pick a day - any day and you can find these comments being wheeled at your local grocery store, or your school or on the bus or at church - at church? - and - I am just about certain that you've heard them in the workplace. But guess what? Maybe, that's because this stuff is comin outta yo mouth!
A lot of discussion has been taking place for a long time regarding the phenomenon of employment discrimination against disabled people in the workplace. Discrimination against disabled people can be noticed even today in the common society. This is one of the worst social stigmas that our society has not been able to overcome. This fact indeed is shameful for the human race, as even after discoursing over the issue for so many years, we are still not able to remove that disgusting curtain of discrimination leveled against disabled people (Discrimination Against Disabled People in the Work Place - Buzzle.com).
What are we to do? Launch a caucus on how to treat ALL people well? Develop a yet another support group? Create a Blog and call it: He's not my brother he's my breacher.
Yeah, that's it! He's the one that breaches the contract that says: Treat all men and the Whoa-man - O' God another disability - Equal. He's the one that through his gestures and doings violates the contract of human decency.
Many times we can't see the problem or hear the problem because the problem is us! Which means we have to fix us. I don't think it comes by launching yet another caucus, or by developing another support group, or by creating another blog.
I'm not an advocate of the "this and that" for DUMMIES collections. I hate calling anything a dummy. But, I think this is where I will depart for the purpose of putting to bed this continual and unrepented breach against those that have and do experience physical and emotional challenges and say to those that need a little help in fixing the malignant predjudices that engulfs them:
Do Unique Magnefiscent Modeling of behaviors In an Effort to Support equality for all (whoa) - men!
In conclusion, Keep it simple DUMMIES!!!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What is starting to become obvious (at least to me), is that age is also becoming a 'disability' as well as length of time at a job because 'they' think that you need some outragious income.
ReplyDeleteWhat this entire thing really boils down to is that many employers want a younger (perhaps of the 'bueatiful' class) that will take any income becuase of niavitity and lack of exposure to the job world. GREED and fear of leagal/heatlth issues that cloud vision that there is a peson that can make very valuable contributions to the company and possibly pass them up in promotions (yet another fear).
Check out the www.thinkbeyondthelabel.com. Maybe you've seen the commercials, or not, but this site has some interesting information including tax tips for things like archetectural improvements or work opportunity work credits for targeted groups.
ReplyDelete