Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We’re glad to see you go (Mike McIntyre Edition)

EmployNet is probably one place where we will be happy to see a member go. Today, Mike McIntyre, who attended his first EmployNet meeting at Hambo’s this past Monday, announced that he got the job he was interviewing for that day. Let’s give it up for Mike! Yay! Woot woot! Huzzah!

In Mike’s own words:

“Buoyed with confidence from having breakfast with my EmployNet pals, I walked into an interview for a job that I wasn’t even sure that I really wanted, and before the last handshake I had a verbal job offer and a good feeling about the position. By the time I got back home, the formal offer was in my Inbox. I tweaked the Employment Agreement, got approval, and accepted the offer this morning. So my debut at the EmployNet breakfast was also my farewell tour, and I want to thank all of my well-wishers and hope for similar results on all of your searches. I will definitely be staying in touch via social media, and if I ever get a Monday morning off, I’ll pop in at Hambo’s for chow and chat.”


I guess this dispels any lingering myths that there are no jobs to be had in Michigan!


We all know it’s tough sometimes, and that despair tends to get a hold of us from time to time. But as long as we keep at it, never forget our sense of purpose and self-identity, and have the support of great people like friends, family, and EmployNet colleagues, we’ll get there. Mike's success should remind us that, despite what we've been through, this won't last. No bad thing ever does.


For now, let’s celebrate this victory, and wish Mike the best in his new role!

No comments:

Post a Comment