If you are a LinkeIn member you can click the above link and read the notes and attached comments. If you are not then below is a brief of the notes.
Meeting notes from 2/1
Wow is best way I can describe our meeting today. We had eight new members that read about the group in the Oakland Press. They didn't know any groups existed. So again we have need to thank Crystal for her article.
Attendees: Jim Crews, Daniel Crews, Ulises Silva, Alex Hardesty, Jim Reich, John Damiol, Jeff Ludeman, Kristen Kendall, Elizabeth Carrington, Steven Brown, Dave Cottrill, Lynn Cottrill, David Kress, Maggie Forbes, Renee Dalton, Miriam Cox, MaryAnn Page, Charris West, and Lon Herman..
Maggie Forbes and Miriam Cox worked with Kristin on their Personal Branding. Next week Kristin will work with two more members and David Kress will also work with two members. This is the best way in order to accommodate everyone. We did stress to the newer members to take at least the base Social Media classes offered at the FCC.
Ulises has offered to dedicate his time to help write our blog. He is a writer/editor recently laid off.
David brought in a list of groups on LinkedIn that should be helpful to us. He will post those groups.
Kristen brought in pamphlets with classes at Renaissance Unity for those facing economic challenges. She will post the classes and location.
Jeff Ludeman is getting a center for the Health Care workshop.
Josephine had information for Renee Dalton on a possible job in the Warren schools.
Kristen gave me and other IT job searchers a person we can call that is looking for candidates.
Lynn has an interview tomorrow. Best of luck Lynn!
We have a recruiter from Job-Hunt.org that has brought up linking to our blog or website. This could mean we may have to move the blog to perhaps WordPress because it is a little more in-depth than blogger. I will see what we need to do.
I know there was a lot more we discussed but it was quite hard to keep track with such a large group and the way we had the tables setup. We will change them next meeting into a cross so we can all be a part of the same conversation.
I may add on to my notes later as I remember things I heard. As usual please feel free to fill in where I missed.
Next weeks topics Personal Branding and blogging.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment